Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Training continues: adventures with my bike trainer




Did my first ride on my birthday present: a Kinetic bike trainer & power meter from Allen! Rode for an hour and I learned to keenly appreciate why they sell sweat shields for bikes. I am not that sweaty of a person but basement lack many of the glories of the outdoors...including wind. It is an interesting experience to blow sweat off the tip of your nose. YUCK.

To do: understand power meter. Mystery I need to understand.

Bottom line: riding in basement doable, especially watching a distracting, particularly creepy Criminal Minds. Good way to avoid running outside on a cold, wet winter night. Panga disagrees:




I HAVE NEW BOOTS. I WANT TO USE THEM. BIKES ARE DUMB! -PANGA!

Please consider supporting my Ironman training & the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/in/Steelhd11/samelemed

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Sam - So cool! I always got so bored riding on my wind trainer... it can be reasonably cool if you position a box fan on the ground in front of you and angle it up at you...

    I have a terry cloth sweat shield that attaches with velcro and protects your bike's top tube that I don't need anymore and you can have it. I'll bring it to Boone County this weekend if you are going to be there.

    Panga looks sooo cute in that picture!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx!!! Will see you at Boone County! You are the first person to comment on my blog!

    PS... I need a tweeting lesson this weekend. I totally don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see my post on FB about training with power?

    ReplyDelete